This post is more for my benefit then yours. Given the fact that there are approximately 1939 characters in Game of Thrones and 28 core story lines all going on at once, I figured I’d keep a little log here so that I have something to refer back to when I inevitably forget what’s happening. Spoilers and stuff, but if you haven’t already watched it you already know you’re not cool.
- Jon Snow is still dead. Ser Davos finds him in the snow and brings him into his room so that he and John’s Nights Watch buddies can gaze into his dead eyes one last time. They also make sure to feed Ghost his daily allotment of Kibbles and Bits. Ghost is distraught and will only eat Iams from now on so that his energy stays high while he avenges John.
- Sansa and Reek/Theon run away from Ramsey but they get caught again because Theon sucks at creating a diversion. Brienne comes and saves them both — followed by a mutual oath giving between Sansa and Lady Andre the Giant.
- Jaime Lannister returns to Cersei with their dead daughter. Cersei acts like a real live human with feelings but you still feel pretty good about hating her.
- Shit gets real at the House of Martell. The one woman who killed Cersei’s daughter decided to kill her king?/prince?/dad/leader dude? and his son. I don’t like her.
- I can’t remember the name of the place Tyrion and Lord Varys are visiting, but all the boats in the harbor were turned to fire. Wonder who did it? Dragons? Voldemort?
- Khaleesi is captured by another pack of Dothraki. She keeps quiet about who she is until the very last second when upon revealing her secret the other Khal offers her his protection.
- Arya is in the streets begging and looking funky with those milky eyes. The one girl from that one house she was at with all the dead faces decided to beat the hell out of Arya with a stick.
- Melisandre said maybe she’s made with it — maybe it’s maybelline. And then we all realized it was maybelline.
Feel free to fill me in on the parts I’m fuzzy about. But what’d you think of Episode 1. It was a catchup/setup episode so nothing too majorly exciting going on just yet. I’m looking forward to more next week.